This tool provides a simple way to produce distributions of trees with subsets of taxa. If larger subsets are required you can download full trees.
The tool first trims to a subset, and then samples trees from a chosen pseudo-posterior distribution. Note that any further analyses should only be conducted with a large sample of trees.
- Select species from the list which follows the taxonomy. Then copy and paste or drag and drop
them into the box to the right.
- Alternatively, download the taxonomy file for your group
and paste species names from the “Scientific” column.
- Link to the direct data download page, including full tree sets and higher-level taxonomy in some cases (e.g., for Mammals and Birds)
- Please note: If you have different names, you will have to resolve to the available list.
- Alternatively, download the taxonomy file for your group and paste species names from the “Scientific” column.
- Choose a tree distribution (see paper for details).
- Select the number of trees to download (defaults to minimum of 100)
- Click “Get Trees” to download a zipped set of randomly selected
trees with metadata including accession numbers and citations to original
Results taking longer than expected?
Traffic volume may result in longer processing times. If you don't recieve an email with the completed subset trees within 24 hours, please contact us.
Check the status of your job request here